User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Tbh...this new Eminem album?

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Tbh...this new Eminem album?

First time since the SSEP/LP and MMLP that I've felt he's where I need him to be as a listener. I've hated every album since then (loved a few tracks Lose Yourself, Run Rabbit Run), but for the most part it has all been trash. This album, with the exception of a few tracks and the poppy rapper singing his chorus bullshit, is FIRE. Fucking awesome.
    "Deadly Venoms Vol. 2" is NOW AVAILABLE in ALL online music stores. 30 beats for $15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sites Worst Battler EyeDealIstic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Tbh...this new Eminem album?

Did it make you twirl?

Did it make you giggle?

Did it make you primp your pigtails and get ready for a wild night of dancing?
    What is high- My battle loss record & my blood pressure.
    What's not high- my win record or me.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia View Post
    First time since the SSEP/LP and MMLP that I've felt he's where I need him to be as a listener. I've hated every album since then (loved a few tracks Lose Yourself, Run Rabbit Run), but for the most part it has all been trash. This album, with the exception of a few tracks and the poppy rapper singing his chorus bullshit, is FIRE. Fucking awesome.

Somewhat agree.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this album is fucking awesome, but it's definitely, IMO, the true successor to Encore. I feel it's as close as Em has ever been to not sounding completely corny in a long time. I'm happy there wasn't any Ed Sheeran features, either.

Wasn't feeling Houdini or Tobey, if I'm being honest. As a matter fact, I wasn't feeling anything after he supposedly kills his alter ego and I guess the latter half is supposed to represent his current Eminem persona (WITH the exception of Somebody Save Me - I wish that song was longer and had ended with another chorus before it fades out). Didn't feel that any of those tracks hit the mark and were more or less the same as his other shit. But the first half was fire for the most part. More on the first half - some choruses were weak (wasn't feeling White Gold on Habits), however I'd say it's a return to form. Manic energy, great flow cadence and delivery (minus a few hiccups and slow starts). Great cohesion throughout his track list. Honestly what a Eminem album should be.

I know everybody has their own criticisms of him for one thing or the next, but if he completely stopped doing the corny ass toxic relationship tracks, stop singing, stop the Relapse accent, stopped pandering and setting his expectations of himself based on critics and what everybody else thinks, and went balls to the wall with his Slim Shady persona - granted with the same focused and measured approach he has on Lucifer, Antichrist, Fuel, etc ... I believe he's capable of crafting an incredible album. This, to me, at least shows he has it in him to do it. I'm tired of hearing him mention the same top 5 argument, how he influenced a bunch of rappers, and how he's pissing off critics. That being said though, again, I thoroughly enjoyed most of this album and will say it sits somewhere towards the upper-middle of his best albums, easy. And easily blows out his other few recently released albums.
    Last edited by Celph Taut; July 15th, 2024 at 05:18 PM

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

I like the album.

He is never going to top SSLP or MMLP . .. but i put this album somewhere between the Eminem show and recovery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim