User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: WK32:CONTENDER- FAQ (3-5) vs Knoxville (3-1) (KNOX WINS)

Battle Record
    142-67
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

WK32:CONTENDER- FAQ (3-5) vs Knoxville (3-1) (KNOX WINS)

Regular Battle
    Punches due NO DUE DATES
    Voting ends on NO DUE DATES

Rebuttal Option

both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
    format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

You have 24hrs from when battle was set to agree on rebuttal battle

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

first to 4 wins
    3-0 is a KO

@FaQEyeReddit
    @KnoXville.

You've Earned a Custom Title! FaQEyeReddit's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1

Re: WK32:CONTENDER- FAQ (3-5) vs Knoxville (3-1)

Check..

Who knew, if I Rob knocks for pot’a be death by shooting, after shooting an entire scene….
    Didn’t think bringing a gun to a muggle be a minor thing but didnt expect you’d die from the irony..

:”Rip- Rob Knox.” 2008
    FAQ - pronounced fack…
    Eye or E.Y.E - divination (seek knowledge using computers)
    Reddit- A web “sight” with frequent asked and answered questions.
    it should read Fa, Q, I read it for kicks

Battle Record
    7-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

Check

Battle Record
    7-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

No aim with the stick loser that’s a Shame of you, only cz This lame a fool,
    Last time we seen Q go into pockets for money is while playing a game of Pool.

----------
    Battle Record
    3-4
    Awards LLL Season Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

Re: WK32:CONTENDER- FAQ (3-5) vs Knoxville (3-1) (OPEN FOR VOTES)

faq had good idea just did not land like it could have
    it needed 2 be worded better 4 more impact
    knox I wasnt a fan of
    no1 calls him q
    not only that but I aint think it was that creative
    I do think even wit all that knox was still better
    he delivered it better
    & that made it hit harder

winner knox

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Yo I like Faq but think he needs to be wittier, word his bar better and dumb it down tbh. Knox bar was cool if they called him Q… idk two bars that missed for me. Knox was worded better and more creative if homie was known as Q and FAQ bar just missed completely

Guess I’ll vote Rican

Battle Record
    45-28
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. LLL HOF - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 25+ Wins FL Champion

Feel like Knox had a solid bar and FAQs had a cool concept he didn’t fully execute the using shooting back to back was alil ehh in the set up but Knox calling him Q was a reach for the nameplay esp with FAQ EYE & REDDIT I feel like u could’ve even used Redd instead idk I ain’t tryna be to picky but it’s like a solid bar but for another person imo idk

V/FAQ

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

I didn't like that faq said shooting twice in a row in his opening line. I just didn't like how the bar started but, I did like the punchline and wp

I actually really liked Knox this week though. Thought it was smooth and was a decent punch

It's actually close but I only liked half of faqs bar whereas I enjoyed the entire bar from Knox

Mvgt/Knox

Battle Record
    142-67
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

I didn’t think Knoxville was that creative this week… I thought q go in pockets is a played concept in anyone with tha name q and his name ain’t even q… I mean.. Faq, eye, or Reddit would have worked but q? U just chose a little in his name and called him that? lol nah.. doesn’t work for me.. as for FAQ.. I think ur punched needed to be flipped n delivered better to cause more damage..shit was a little choppy for me.. creative shit but not put together good enough yet

I gotta give it to faq here, better attempt VOTE FAQ

- - - Updated - - -
    @Meks. @Slayerr. @Bag Mandela @Lady Poet @Wuxia @Virbius

Vote up fellas

Battle Record
    1-1
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Both half solid, Faq had everything going nicely, all the Potter shit, Rob Knox, was rating it. The closing "didnt expect you’d die from the irony.." wasn't in line with the standard of the build up, otherwise good shit.

Knox Q in a pocket idea was nice, Haven't heard it before but technically the cue shouldn't go in the pocket, the cue ball could but not the cue. I know what you were getting at but I've got to go on what you've written so got the edge to Faq on this one.

Vote FaQ

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

I liked Knox’s idea but agree with everyone else that calling him Q is a reach otherwise I liked the idea FAQs bar was alright needs to be tightened up a bit. Knox landed better but faqs wasn’t for someone else. Okay I’ve critically re read it and faqs is pretty choppy n I’m
    Not sure some of the wordplays works like muggle I know what you were going for but doesn’t work for me hopefully irony wasn’t a wp attempt either coz if it was that really didn’t work. I really liked the idea tho and the way you sort of told two stories in one the Harry Potter stuff and the mugging stuff but it was just a bit too choppy for me to look past.
    As much as I’d love to give this to faq I think it’s just a bit too much and Knox’s was a smooth punch even if Q is a reach
    V/knox

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

Hm, hard call. Honestly not that fond of either bar. Rob Knox wasn’t shot, he was stabbed, and as others have pointed out above the bar was rather choppy, perhaps overly ambitious with trying to integrate so many wordplay elements instead of focusing on one and executing it cleanly.

Knox’s was much smoother but name-flipping a random letter from the middle of an opponent’s name is, uh, an interesting choice.

FaQ’s cool but I think on balance I’ve probably got to go with Knox here if I’m being honest. I had fewer issues with his bar.

Vote- Knox

Battle Record
    62-23
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Spree accepted. FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

V/FaQ

This was a bit hard to decide. FAQ ur flow and concept was good on this bar but you should have worked on your wording it better to more clearly express your idea. It gets a little muddled down during the read as it feels a bit off-pace when I get to the part with the word shooting 2x. Knox on the other has had the opposite problem he conveyed his idea perfectly, but I wasn’t feeling the concept of the word/name play. Sure “Q” is capitalized in his name but it doesn’t stick out with phonetics and it doesn’t start a syllable so it feels a bit awkward. FAQ this and makes a big step for you in terms of where you are in your growth in my opinion. Someone said to dumb down your bars, I’m inclined to agree. Making your point a bit clearer would do wonders, because your concepts are pretty spot on.
    Last edited by MV; August 22nd, 2024 at 07:48 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    142-67

Knox wins